Friday, December 24, 2010

Skype Suffers Massive, Multi-hour Network Outage - VOIP and Telephony - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

Skype Suffers Massive, Multi-hour Network Outage - VOIP and Telephony - News & Reviews - eWeek.com:
"Skype went down for several hours Dec. 22, the result of server crashes linked by peer-to-peer technology. Millions of VOIP users were affected by this worst outage since 2007."

Honestly …

I never noticed.

I've been managing my calls with Google Voice since before it was Goole Voice. (It was Grand Central.) Incoming calls ring my landline, my SkypeIn number and lately, ring in Gmail which is always open on my always on laptop.

I don't miss calls. The only thing I noticed during the outage was the sudden death of the icon in the system tray. I restarted Skype and kept on rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

con·cept: Skype Suffers Massive, Multi-hour Network Outage - VOIP and Telephony - News & Reviews - eWeek.com