Friday, November 30, 2001

View from the Ground 09/27/2001; The View From The Ground - Police Stories
Boatwright was blind-sided. He had no warning the blow was coming. The officer said nothing prior to striking him. "He didn't say, 'I'm an officer.' He didn't say, 'Stop!' He didn't say anything."

Witnesses said that the officer's name is Andre Cuerton.

Boatwright passed out briefly. He lay face down on the concrete. His nose was broken. His two top front teeth were knocked out—driven through his upper lip.

"I sat up on the ground, trying to compose myself. Another plainclothes policeman said, 'Get your black ass up. Ain't shit wrong with you. Get your black ass up.' I rolled over and got on my knees. As I was getting up, he grabbed my arm and slammed me up against the wall."

This police officer took him to the paddy wagon where they were collecting dozens of people they had arrested. As far as Boatwright knows, he was the only one they roughed up.
http://www.viewfromtheground.com/index.cfm?vftg=31

No comments:

Post a Comment

con·cept