Saturday, January 18, 2003

HOWTO INSTALL Slash For Dummies
Slashcode Installation Guide

I've always loved and respected the slash database/perl program that runs the site. So when I decided to download and install the slash package on one of my Redhat/Mandrake machines, I was sure the installation wasn't too daunting. It has instructions, right?

Well, two and a half weeks later I finally figure out (most of) the Rubik's cube that is installing slash. The installation directions are nice, but a bit...rushed. I found them incomplete and the answers to my questions seemed far, far away. Why hadn't anyone written detailed instructions on this?

This document describes how to install Slash 2.2.x simply and easily using Mandrake/Redhat/Debian, utilizing kernel 2.4.x. It may work on older kernels, but as for these instructions, only 2.4.x is utilized. For instructions on installation or upgrade of previous versions of Slash, see the INSTALL document included with the slash distribution and/or see www.slashcode.com.

Any and all questions, comments, updates, or fixes to this document should be directed toward mailto:evan@misterorange.com

http://www.misterorange.com/docs/INSTALL-Slash-For-Dummies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

con·cept